1/15/2020

BEACHCOMBER IMPRESSIONS: A UNIQUE LINE OF CLAY OBJECTS


Weather permitting, I walk to Beachcomber Park with small blocks of clay looking for interesting rock formation to press my clay against; I need a surface that once imprinted into the clay will give a "rocky" character to it. Then 
I start carving out the clay to create a container: a goblet, a box or little vases.

Stoneware, 5" x 3.5' x 1.5" / $55

Some other times, I press a slab instead of a block onto the rocks, stretching it at the same time; it can then become a plate or be shaped as a vase. 

It is a perfect activity for warm sunny days when the rocks are dry!
Stoneware, 5.5" high x 3.75" in diameter/SOLD




READ MORE ABOUT THESE 
"PLEIN AIR CLAYING" SESSIONS
IN THE ON-LINE ISSUE #50/JUNE-AUGUST OF
ISLAND ARTS MAGAZINE